Former dairy building with beautiful tile mural on facade
There are two large relief, majolica tile panels on the Atlantic Avenue facade of this building. Installed sometime between 1890 and 1910 (the panels are shown on the 1911 blueprints of the building), the tiles were manufactured by the American Encaustic Tiling Company, one of the premier manufacturers of art tiles in 19th and early 20th century United States. This is possibly the largest, intact art tile installation from this company.
If this art tile installation is damaged or destroyed, it can never be replaced. (June 2008)